WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

Welcome Spring! Come right on in!

Happy Saturday! It's a gorgeous sun-shiny day here in lovely North Carolina. Our high today is supposed to be a perfect 77 degrees. I've been listening as neighbors start their lawn mowers and weed eaters. The whole neighborhood is a buzz with the activities of lawn and garden work. I've finished my laundry, cleaned my house and planned my menu for tonight's Simple Supper so I'm set to go outside and join the ranks by attacking the havoc winter has had on my yard. Before I do, I wanted to share a quick and easy Spring wreath. I keep a wreath on my front door ALWAYS! I like to change them out every month and display seasonal flowers and colors. Yesterday, I decided to create a "new" wreath for Spring. Some of you may remember my Outdoor Wednesday post when we voted on the color scheme for my flower beds. Well, RED & PINK won hands down. To help lighten it up, I've decided to add white. Keeping that in mind, I set about hot gluing my way to a wreath with all the right colors. Let's take a look.
I actually rescued the wreath below as-is from a yard sale last summer. It was left over at the end of the day and the lady was headed to the trash heap with it. Never one to be shy, I quickly asked for it, toted it home and stored it in the garage. Not wanting to spend money on anything new, I was certain I could use this wreath for the base. White dogwood blooms tucked in the flat wreath made of grapevine formed a foundation to work with.

Reaching for my handy glue gun, I was set to start gluing big, bright blossoms to the base.


Rummaging through several storage boxes and bins, I found just the right florals to complete my Red, Pink and White color scheme. Big, fluffy Peonies add splashy pops of color and remind me of my Grandmother, Mary Catherine. She kept Peony bushes around her house and during the spring and summer they would perfume the air so sweetly. I also used pink delphinium.

I only had three of the delphiniums so I started by placing them around the wreath at thirds.


I then finished it off by gluing the Peonies around at random intervals tucking bits of leaves and other green plants around the blooms for fill. After the glue was dry, I hung it up in my kitchen until I was ready to place in on the front door.

Here's the completed wreath hanging on my front door ready to welcome anyone who may pop in for a visit. My front door is black and I love the way it provides the perfect backdrop for any wreath I decide to use.


Here's a closer look. Now, doesn't that just make you happy that Spring has almost sprung?


Well, off I go to attack the front lawn and weed the planter beds. Any body got some free time this afternoon? Wanna help? LOL! My husband reminds me that's why we have a teenager. :-) I hope to start my Easter countdown next week. I hope to post helpful ideas for decorating for Easter, share some delicious recipes and an Easter Basket extravaganza. I've got a busy month ahead. Mr. Right's birthday is Friday, followed by my youngest son's birthday the following week, and Easter follows right behind. Until I see you again,
Happy Decorating!
~Alisa






17 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Happy Almost Spring Alisa!

What a beautiful wreath you made. I do love the colors you used. It looks gorgeous against the Black door.

I can't wait to get started freshining up outdoors as well.
Due to our homes color I always go with Red, Yellow and White flowers.

Have a wonderful weekend and happy Birthday a little early to your hubby and son.
~Melissa :)

Jewel Sauls said...

Beautiful Wreath! Aren't you clever to make something gorgeous from something that was going to be thrown away - that's what I call recycling! I can't wait to see what you do with Easter decorations!!! Off to swing on my porch with a big glass of tea. :D Jewel

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful wreath Alisa! I have been out in the yard trimming roses and crape myrtles... I need to make a wreath for my front door... I am sue I have a grapevine wreath somewhee.....and plenty in my bins to use!

Melanie said...

This is so pretty and cheerful, Alisa.
It really pops against the black door!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Dream Mom said...

Pretty wreath! I love the red and pink. Great step by step directions!

~CC Catherine said...

Hey Alisa! The wreath looks totally FAB! Love the color scheme too! There you go again doing what I love....you're working with "what you have"~ That's my theme this year with the economy the way it is! Super post! Hey...my college age niece has created a blog for an assignment from a professor., I'm asking my bloggin buds if they'd go out and leave her a quick comment., she's adorable and so is the blog she created. This is the address: http://withsouthernlove.blogspot.com (Thanks in advance., it would make her day! Her professor will be grading her on this blog and will be quite surprised I think to see all the comments she's getting from my bloggin friends) ;) ~CC Catherine (Thanks Alisa!)

Designs on 47th Street said...

That really is quite a lovely wreath you brought back from near death! Don't you just know the lady who about pitched it would be in awe if she saw what you did with her tired out wreath? Great job. I love the colors you chose and I love it on your black door!

I am really looking forward to your upcoming posts, Alisa. Looks like some great topics!!

Donna

momof3girls said...

I love your wreath! It practically shouts "welcome spring". I like your color scheme: red, pink & white. It's beautiful.

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty wreath, love the colors. It almost looks as pretty on your window as it does on your door!

Thanks for the tutorial! :-)

xoxo
Janie

PAT said...

Beautiful wreath Alisa!

I redid the basket for our back porch fireplace, yesterday and added a wreath to the inside of the front door. I'm working on something for the exterior frontdoor. I'm so ready for spring.

We had 80's Friday and 70's yesterday. We're under a tornado watch for today, though! All to do with spring in Missouri.

Terri Steffes said...

Totally beautiful! I love it on your black door!

I am having to make my blog private. I know it is a hassle, but if you would like to be part of my readership, please send me an email at steffes3@embarqmail.com

"Blossom" said...

Great bones for recycled items. This is wreath is stunning. The flowers you inserted are so lovely with the black door. Spring is sprung at your house.

Lady Katherine said...

I love the wreath, it looks as if you went out in the garden and just picked lovely flowers!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Ohhh...gorgeous wreaths! I hope Spring comes sooooon!!!...Debbie

Rebecca said...

This wreath is just gorgeous, and my fav colors!
Love, love, love it!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Melissa Miller said...

Well look at you all Easter fresh!
You and your blog look stunning!

I love the name story of you and your hubby.
How cool and romantic. :)

Thanks for checking out our lighting.

A Hint of Home said...

Did a little weeding myself today. It was 84 in SC.
I love your new wreath. Looks great on your door. I already put mine out also.
Hope you're feeling better.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin