WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

Triple Layer Centerpiece

Hello there! Come right on in! I've been getting the house ready for spring but I'm never too busy to visit with a friend. Today I took a break from spring cleaning long enough to create my own version of the "Cake Stand Centerpiece" pictured below. This wonderful inspiration was found at MarthaStewart.com
Everything that I needed for this fresh centerpiece was right in my own kitchen.

Cake stands in graduated sizes, fresh Granny Smith apples, green polkadot napkins, wire votive holders and white faux plants. Florist tape and my handy clippers were the only tools needed.

I started by stacking the cake stands on top of each other. Use a small piece of florist tape under the pedestals to keep them from slipping.

Next, I placed the apples on top of each cake stand. I followed up by placing faux chicken eggs around the apples on the top two tiers. Lastly, I snipped little stems from my silk plants and tucked them in between the apples and the eggs. To style the center piece, I placed one polkadot napkin underneath and placed two matching bird's nests on either side.

You can buy unadorned bird's nests at Hobby Lobby. Just take a candle ring and hot glue it to the rim of the nest. Then glue in faux eggs to complete the look.

The eggs that I am using are painted in shades of soft cream, ivory and golden yellow. They are speckled with brown paint.

I picked these apples up at the market yesterday. They are so green and vibrant they almost look like wax fruit.

For a slightly different look I took away the bird's nests and placed green and white wire votive holders at the bottom. What do you think? Should I keep the nests or use the votive holders? Well tomorrow is TABLESCAPE THURSDAY and I will share an Ocean Inspired table. Friday is Mr. Panache's birthday and we are having a seafood feast. In keeping with the menu I thought I would go a little coastal with my table decor. I hope you will stop by to take a look. Until then,
Happy Spring Decorating!
~Alisa








16 comments:

Paula said...

That is so cute! I really like that idea.

Ashley ~ said...

This arrangement is beautiful, and you made it look so easy, I think I might even be able to do it.(?) I think both ways you showed it looks great, but I guess if I had to chose one over the other, I think I like the bird nest a little better than the votive holders. Have a great day*!

_Ashley*

Jewel Sauls said...

I like both ways! Cute ideas! :D Jewel

Melanie said...

You did a great job!
I like the bird nests.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a really cute and simple project now that you have broken it down in steps. I love it! Decorating with cake stands is really gaining popularity, isn't it?

I like the bird nests around the centerpiece, but that is because I am partial to birds! The candles would be pretty in the evening.

Thank you Alisa! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it looks just gorgeous. I need to get a couple of cake stands in different sizes, I just always see so many ways to use them. I love your arrangement with the apples and the birdnests. So pretty. Thanks for the tutorial, it really helps. Hugs, Marty

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Your arrangement is gorgeous - even prettier than the M.S. inspiration! Also, loved your spring tips. Linda

Dream Mom said...

Wow, it looks so beautiful and so professional! I love how you show all of the step by steps-you make everything look so easy and it always looks so elegant when it is done.

As for the nests, I thought it looked great both ways. I can see the nests in the daytime and then at night with the lights off, it would be nice having the votive candles lit.

Charlene said...

Adorable! I love your centerpiece. I vote for the nest's! Both are cute but, the nest wins my vote. Love your choice of colors. The apples are sooooooooooooo Spring! And glad you took a break from cleaning. You'll give us a complex. :)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful Alisa!

I need to get my cake stand out!

Susan

Kristens Creations said...

Very pretty! I love how yours turned out with the apples and bird nests, love it! Kristen

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

You made Marta proud! Great job!

Wendy said...

That is the MOST BEAUTIFUL CENTERPIECE EVER!!! I gasped out loud when I scrolled down and it came into view...it is breathtaking!!! I adore it! I have seen those white stackable cake stands in other pictures and they are so pretty. Will you please share where I could find some like yours?
Blessings,
Wendy

"Blossom" said...

I use this layer look for some brides for the cupcakes etc for weddings. I have designed a gift table arrange using this idea. I love your choice of green poka dot napkins and just love the look of granny green apples. I did a wedding putting granny apples in large vase and topped it off with white hydrangeas, it was beautiful.

A Hint of Home said...

I love this idea. It looks so fresh and inviting. I vote for the nests but both are cute as can be.

Anonymous said...

Now, that's too pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin