WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

Tablescape Thursday - Baseball, Spring Training and a Birthday!

Wednesday was my youngest son's 10th birthday. Oh, I feel so old! We have a tradition at our house - when it's your birthday you can "order" anything you want for your family birthday dinner. So being a typical 10 year old, the menu he selected consisted of Chili dogs, Cheese Fries, Cokes and Triple Chocolate Fudge sheetcake with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. Any body feeling sick yet? A big change from my Lemon-Dill glazed Salmon from last Friday. Well, it was HIS birthday. Now like most 10 year olds, sports is a big thing to my son and baseball is his favorite so in honor of America's favorite past-time, our tablescape is called "Spring Training - You're the Star". We lived in the Tampa Bay area for a lot of years and the birthday boy was born while we were there. Naturally the Tampa Bay Rays are one of his favorites. The Rays are in the American League and thus our Red, White and Blue color scheme is in honor of the A.L.

Dessert was actually eaten last, although I'm featuring it first. This is the Triple Chocolate Fudge sheetcake I whipped up this afternoon while I waited for the boys to come home from school. Served with Chocolate Chip cookie dough ice cream was a big hit!

Chili dogs and cheese fries. Don't you just feel like you're at the ball park? I used paper pennants as table decor and placed red and white striped napkins under my plates to add color and pattern.

My tablescape elements were baseball cards, popcorn boxes filled with buttery fresh popcorn and a centerpiece of baseball memorabilia.

Star-shaped dessert plates in blue and red carries my "You're the Star" theme. I used one of his little league trading card photos to mark his spot at the table.


Here's the birthday boy! It's hard to believe he's in double-digits now. Wow - time does fly. For more great tablescape ideas be sure to pop over to Susan's Between Naps on the Porch and check out the party!

I hope you've enjoyed this little peek of "Spring Training". Tomorrow I will be sharing a crafty little Easter Basket idea and announcing a fabulous give-a-way that you won't want to miss! Until then,
Happy Decorating!
~Alisa







33 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

Such a cute table! Happy Birthday to your son! Love your ideas. Have a great day!

xinex said...

What a great and fun birthday party, Happy birthday to the birthday boy! They surely grow up too fast!...Christine

Kristens Creations said...

Love it! How creative!! You have so many great ideas. Kristen

Kathy said...

Perfect table for the birthday boy in spring training. Kathy.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Alisa - this is so cute and brings back memories of some parties when my grown son was younger. Look how happy he looks! You can't buy that. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Barb

Deb said...

What a fun tablescapes and great party theme. Happy Birthday to your son! Deb

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Great them for a young man's birthday! They grow too fast!

Joy said...

Love it all. That young man chose just the right menu to go with his Mama's tablescape!

Candy said...

BOY! you hit a home run with this table. Cute guy, too!
Batter-Up! Candy

MARGE said...

What a fun table. The menu is making me hungry. Happy Birthday to your son. I enjoy your blog.

Dream Mom said...

Oh, what a cute table! My son is 17 now and I remember 10 very well. Take a good look at him, soon he'll be growing so fast and your little boy will be gone!

Great job on the table. You always do such a nice job with all of the details. Very creative. LOL on the menu...yikes! That is 10 for you!

Martha said...

What a cute table -- what a great way to celebrate a birthday. You're very clever

redsoxmom said...

Alisa,
Looks like a great birthday party! I was actually going to something similar in a few weeks for opening day of the baseball season (of course, my son's season has already started!). I like the star plates! They would be great for July 4th, too. Fun table! What a lucky boy!

Linda

"Blossom" said...

So nice with the pop corn boxes. The whole baseball theme is so awesome; happy birthday to your son. This was very creative.

PAT said...

What a fun table! Great post, Alisa!!

Bab's Kitchen said...

Very cool table.

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Alisa, :)

Your son had the right idea! It all looks delicious and so much fun.

Love the precious Blue star plates. Great TT!

Have a blessed week my friend and Happy 10th to your son.
~Melissa :)

Maryrose said...

Alisha, I love your table. What a fun way to celebrate your son's birthday. I have a son who loves baseball also, but it has been sometime since he was ten. What a fun age. Thanks for letting me visit your blog, I always enjoy it.
Maryrose

Wendy said...

Oh Alisa, I just adore that darling table for your son's birthday dinner. We have the same tradtion where the birthday person chooses the dinner menu and everybody loves getting to have their favorite food on their special day. We have also had some unusual (read: make me nausous) combinations...but it's all fun!
Wendy

Ashley ~ said...

What a very handsome and blessed young man*! WOW*! What a birthday dinner he had. HAPPY BIRTHDAY*!

Unknown said...

What a lucky birthday boy to have a wonderful Mom like you! The whole theme, menu and decorations went together GREAT! Happy Birthday Birthday Boy!!!!

Scribbler said...

I'll bet he won't ever forget this one!

Scribbler

The Raggedy Girl said...

What a sweet table, I love it!

Have a Thankful Thursday
from the Raggedy Roberta Anne

Chandy said...

What an awesome birthday table! Great addition for today! I posted about my VERY FIRST St. Pat's table!

I love the colors, just perfect and fun! Happy Thursday to you!

~CC Catherine said...

Hi Alisa, I love the new look of your blog! So refreshing and springy...and that blue top of yours is SO STUNNING with your blue eyes! I was in Charlotte recently in the Huntersville area., I could have kicked myself for not reaching out to you to meet for coffee...next time! I called Kathleen Ellis while I was on the road and she asked me if I was going to meet up with you...drats I hated that! But...I hope to get back up there for work soon. Your B'Day Sports tablescape today is so cute! Any young man would love this! Or, even young lil girl that plays sports! So cute! ;) ~CC Catherine

Decor To Adore said...

What a lucky lad! Your tablescape is so cute.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Wonderful table. I'll bet your son was quite happy with the result. I love how it all turned out. The chocolate cake looks soooo yummy. And I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I want some now!!!

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a cute and clever setting. Love the red, white and blue colors -- and what a lucky kid to have such a wonderful birthday table. It's fantastic! Cass

Linda Charlene said...

who does that little boy remind me of...huh...hold a second I almost have it...Got It, my big brother.

I don't think I'm going to make it until spring break! just go ahead and send my boys on down please

Miss Janice said...

I absolutely love this "baseball" theme tablescape. You created such a cute design for your son. Awesome!

JudyBug said...

What a cute table! Fun, fun, fun! Happy Birthday to your son!

JudyBug

Kathleen Ellis said...

Hi Alisa~
I'm still making my TT rounds!
This is ADORABLE! What a great idea, I bet your son thought it was pretty cool, too!
What a handsome guy!
Happy Spring!
;-D

Kathleen said...

What a great table! And with 3 little gsons, that would be a winner with them..well, when they are a little older, ie! And I have everything I need to do it..
Love how you carried out the theme with the menu, too..
In fact, I know some old boys who would like this theme! I am married to one, and he is a big Boston Red Sox fan. Living in NY that can be dangerous, LOL!
Great table, sorry I missed it earlier!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin