WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

Spring Fluffing!

I've been fluffing the house for the past week getting ready for Spring and Easter. Today I thought I would just give you a little tour of some vignettes around the house. I still have much more to do as I count down to Easter. If you want to see more Spring Fluffing inspiration or to join this blog party hosted by Rhoda, be sure to visit Southern Hospitality and view all the participants. This is a new framed sketch that I recently received from my Celebrating Home line. It is called Crown of Thorns and was drawn by a wounded American Solider from the war in Iraq. He was hospitalized and recovering when he had a vision of Christ and began to sketch this portrait. I couldn't resist displaying it in my living room especially at this time of year.
A fun, fresh Spring Wreath hangs on the front door to greet my guests.

My Tulip Magnolia tree is blooming beautifully. A little bird has already made her nest. See it in the lower right corner?

Here it is! No eggs!

My entry way has been lightened and brightened with an airy spring floral. I placed a scrolled-metal Cross next to the vase as a reminder of what Easter is all about.

In my family room, I've displayed two Ivy and Peony arrangements. I put these together in Mercury Glass candleholders. I love to use reflective surfaces in the warmer months.
Usually I have heavy velvet window treatments in my family room but I wanted something lighter and more colorful for spring. I've used two contrasting colors of soft green and blue then added decorative pillows in Robin's Egg blue.

I put together these little nests on top of two wooden pillar candle holders. I love using element found in nature during the spring months.


You can purchase all the supplies needed for these nests at Hobby Lobby.


I brightened up the kitchen by decorating with fresh green apples and pears. I love to decorate with bright green in the springtime.

My kitchen got a quick fluffing too! I used fresh green floral napkins, white quilted placements and woven rattan chargers (for an Easter Basket look) on the breakfast table. The greens tie in with my Apple and Egg centerpiece from last week's post.

Remember my Mater Bedroom redo? Well the slate blue has given way temporarily to a pallet of soft yellow, taupe, ivory and spring green. The lighter colors instantly brightened the room and added a touch of nature inside.
~~~~~~
I am working on several other projects for Easter that I will be sharing latering this week. Today is my youngest son's birthday and so I'm off to bake a Triple Fudge sheetcake with Hot Fudge frosting. Tomorrow is TABLESCAPE THURSDAY and I will be featuring our birthday tablescape in honor of a 10-year old's love of baseball and Spring Training! I hope you will visit. Until then,
Happy Spring Fluffing!
~Alisa














19 comments:

Sue said...

How absolutle gorgeous. I love everything about your Spring Fluffing.
Happy blessed spring to you.
Hugs,
Sue

Melanie said...

The "crown of thorns" picture is amazing.
Also I like the nests on the pillar candles.
You fluff well!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Alisa,
Your new Spring decor'
is looking so fresh and pretty!
You always inspire me.
The window treatments and pillows look lovely.

I see the HOME plaques peeking out in your kitchen photo and they look wonderful as well.

I am still so very grateful for my giveaway
winnings.
Thank you once again!

Happy Spring! :)
~Melissa

Ashley ~ said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL*!!! You have everything so light and airy and ready for spring*! I love it*!!!

_Ashley*

Scribbler said...

The sketch is mesmerizing.

It definitely looks like Spring at your house.

Scribbler

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Everything is beautiful. I really like the idea of the nests on the pillar candle holders. May have to try that!

Stacey said...

Alisa, your home looks beautiful. I really like what you did with your window coverings. Also the chest with the lamps and vines is gorgeous.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Alisa, oh it is looking so springy at your house! I love all the extras that you've put out for this special season. Thanks for joining the party & have a wonderful Easter this year.

"Blossom" said...

You have sprung forward with all these little nooks and cranys of spring in your home. The crown of thorns picture is so amazing. And the bedroom so fresh and spriny looking. You didn't miss a thing with all your details in your home.
I am going back to tour again.

Terri Steffes said...

I am so in love with everything! The colors are so spring like. The tulip tree is amazing. Ours are not nearly so far along!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Everything is just beautiful! The Crown of Thorn picture is amazing. And I love your idea of the nests on the candleholders! I may just have to borrow that idea! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

I Love the drawing of jesus!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh everything just looks so pretty and fresh. I love the lighter colors for spring. It just seems to light the rooms up. It is all so gorgeous. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love the airy spring floral and the nests on the candles! The wreath on the door is soooo pretty!
Happy fluffing!

Manuela

Charlene said...

The picutre of Christ is wonderful & so is the cross in the entry. It is fun to use all the bunnies, chicks & eggs for Easter but, these two items really bring it home for WHAT IS REALLY ALL ABOUT! Thanks for sharing.

Bonita said...

All of your flowers are lovely. That picture of Jesus is stunning. You have a lovely home and your colorful, shiny outfit in the picture of you is so cute. Is it okay if I covet for just a minute over that one?

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

I love everything you have done for your spring fluffing. I can't pick a favorite, it is all gorgeous.

Cece

Tracy said...

Alisa, I love the "Crown of Thorns"
picture. It's all so pretty. I am so ready for spring.
Tracy

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Your home is so beautiful! It looks ready for guests. Happy Spring!
~Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin