WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

Birthdays, Friends and Good Food!

Birthdays are meant for celebrating! Some folks may like to fly under the radar on their birthday but I think it's the perfect opportunity to celebrate the life of someone you love. Mr. Panache's birthday was yesterday and I prepared a special seafood dinner especially for him and a few of our good friends. Growing up in Florida, he couldn't help but love fresh seafood so last night was all about some of his favorites. I set everything up buffet style on my kitchen island and let everyone serve themselves. Fresh stuffed crabs were a big hit!

Mr. Panache with Kevin as they survey the "pickin's".

My tablescape was this week's post on TABLESCAPE THURSDAY and featured coastal blues, shells and candlelight flickering in sea worthy lanterns.


The shining star of the show was Grilled Salmon with Lemon-Dill glaze and fresh lemons. This is a delicious entree which is super simple to make. I am using fresh Alaskan Salmon. Form a foil packet using heavy-duty aluminum foil, arrange your Salmon fillets, coat with McCormick's Lemon-Dill seafood glaze, place on a grill over medium-high heat (about 375 degrees) and grill until the flesh is flaky and peachy-pink in color. Garnish with fresh lemons and parsley.


Here's those Stuffed Crabs. I should have fixed more of these!

A great accompaniment to all the seafood, Garlic Roasted Redskin Potatoes with Rosemary and Thyme. This recipe is definiately a keeper! Just take 3 pounds of new Redskin Poatoes. wash and quarter. No need to peel them. Coat them in 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add 3 fresh minced Garlic Cloves, 1 Tablespoon of Rosemary and 1 Tablespoon of Thyme, sprinkle with Sea Salt and fresh Cracked Black Peppercorns. Roast in the oven in a 9"x13" baking dish at 450 degrees for 45 mins. Nothing could be easier!
Chilled, Boiled Shrimp and Zesty Cocktail sauce added a nice cold dish. A Chopped Salad with Bacon and Parmsean Croutons, Crab-stuffed Mushrooms and warm Yeast Rolls completed our dinner. I made two homemade Strawberry Cheesecakes but cut and served them before remembering to take a picture. Sorry! But they were delcious! I served seconds to several of the men.
Several of our friends are pranksters and we had been teasing Mr. Panache's about his age. He actually turned 47 but we had it going around that he was turning 50. One of our friends, Eddie, decided to place a 5 foot tall sign with glowing neon orange letters at the entrance of our neighborhood and everyone brought cards that celebrated his 50th birthday! It was alot of fun and Mr. Panache was a very good sport! I guess in 3 years when he acrtualy turns 50, we'll celebrate his 47th! LOL!
~~~~~~~~~
Hope you have enjoyed the party! Monday I'm off and running with Spring and Easter ideas, decor, easy to do crafts and recipes. On Tuesday I'll be joining a Spring Fluffing blog party hosted by Rhoda at Southern Hospitality. Be sure you check it out for inspiring ideas. Until then,
Happy Decorating!
Alisa










12 comments:

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Alisa - all I can say is YUM! Everything looked dee-lish and was displayed beautifully. Loved the use of all the lemons. I'm glad it was such a successful event. Your tablescape must have been an absolute show stopper!

Jo said...

I've just recently found your blog ~ what fun!

The birthday celebration looks wonderful. I'm hungry for seafood now. I'll have to try the salmon recipe.

Jo:)

Terri Steffes said...

What fun! And, what great food and the table was fabulous. I am so glad you shared it all with us!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday D!

Sure wish we could have been there to help you celebrate! Looks like you did it in style!

Everything looks great and soooo tasty.
I want to reach in and grab one of those stuffed crabs.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Oh God, you made my mouth waters.. You seemed like a terrific cook and interior designer in one.. Nice meeting you..!

PAT said...

Alisa, everything looks absolutely wonderful!!

Linda Charlene said...

Man you scared me with that sign…I had to get my fingers out and do some figuring. That would have made me 44 and that just didn’t sound too good!

A Hint of Home said...

Looks like a wonderful party and delious food. Your table and kitchen island looked fabulous. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

Carolina Mama said...

Mr. Panache and Mountain Man share the same birthday! You did great! This is beautiful and this New Orleans Lady misses her seafood, I didn't know you do it so well so close. Do you have a Restaurant y chance! :)

Your blog and you look so Spring and Easter. Thank you! It is rainy and dreary here.

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW~ Alisa you are such a wonderful cook.

Everything looks sooo delicious! :)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Alisa, what a fun way to celebrate! It looks like you all had a wonderful time.
Lidy

momof3girls said...

What a lucky man Mr. Panach is! Happy birthday to him by the way. I loved your table setting and the menu sound delicious!! You are the hostess with the mostess. (by the way I loved how you used the star fish on your tablescape - how creative!)

P.S. you should give us some hints on how you leveled you table buffet centerpieces -beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin