WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

TABLESCAPE THURSDAY - True Blue

I have to tell you that this week's table has been fun! The inspiration started when I was at my local grocery store - Harris Teeter - and saw that Le Bleu water was on sale! I just loved the bright, rich blue of the bottles and the scroll-like script used for the brand. After drinking the water I saved three of the bottles planning to use them outside on the deck to hold fresh cut flowers the next time we dined out. The bottles are shatterproof so they make a great alternative to glass vases. After looking through the cabinets for dishes and crystal, I spied the Le Bleu bottles sitting on my counter! BINGO! This week's table would take its queue from the bottles - a classic pairing of yellow, white and blue was the natural thing to do! I set the breakfast room table using a yellow, hem-stitched linen placemat and layered a round, straw placemat in Aegean blue on top. I just love to layer placemats. I didn't use any chargers but laid down my Blue Churchill plates and topped them off with my favorite IVORY salad plates. I sat a small white hobnail vase holding bright yellow daisies in the center of the salad plate for added punch. I only have one of these little vases but would LOVE to have 8 or 10! They are the perfect size for holding individual sized bouquets.
To form the centerpiece I used an oriental wooden tray and filled it with three Le Bleu bottles filled with white hydrangea and three white milk glass vases filled with "sunshine-y" yellow daisies. I filled in around the vases with the infamous birdie salt and pepper shakers and the votive candle holders.
Remember these? I think it's time for Susan to host another "Target Birdies go on holiday!" party. We'll have to let her know!
These fluffy white hydrandeas came from my local market. They were the manager's special this week - only $1.99!

To get a better shot of the Blue Churchill plates, I propped it up on a plateholder. I've had these plates for 20 years or better. I have cups and saucers to match but can not find where I've stored them. I still have boxes of dishes I haven't unpacked from 3 years ago! Yikes!

By now you are well acquainted with my IVORY dishes from Better Homes & Gardens. I use these dishes more than any others. They are so pretty. I love the embossing. They can be dressed up on an elegant, formal table or dressed down with a gingham checked tablecloth on the back deck!
The sparkle of crystal goblets will add panache to any table.
This is the third week I've used the Bamboo flatware. I am finding myself reaching for it over and over. I love the texture it adds to the table.
I found these napkins at HomeGoods a few months ago. I purchased a package of 4 for $2. You can't beat that! I looked for more packages but to no avail. They are hand blocked and painted. I can see myself using these in a new beach table - stay tuned for that! These little white wrought-iron birdie napkin rings are my favorites. I use them on my table almost continuously during the Spring and Summer months.
Yellow, White and Blue - next to Red, White and Blue it's the perfect summer time trio of colors - a true American tradition. I hope you've enjoyed looking around today. For tons more inspiration and FABULOUS tables of all types, sizes and styles, visit Susan at:
Until I see you again,
Happy Decorating!
~Alisa










30 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful blue and white table, Alisa!

I just looked at your blueberry chicken salad. Yum!

southerninspiration said...

Alisa, so so pretty!! I love the blue, white and yellow!!!

Suzanne

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Alisa...

Girl...you have done it again!!! Yet another beautifully done tablescape!!! I do think that you are the "Queen of Tablescapes"...I always love your beautifully set tables!!! I sure have gotten so many great ideas from you!!!

Well...I just love this color combo...the blue & white with the splashes of sunny yellow...it's so fresh and definitely a classic!!! I love how you layered your placemats...by the way, I just posted my seashell dishes in a tablescape and I layered my placemats...an idea that I learned from you!!! Thank you, Darlin'!!!

I do love your ivory dishes...I'd love to have a set! They really do seem so versatile and they're gorgeous! They're really pretty with your blue & white plates...that's such a pretty pattern! Girl, I just laughed when I read that you still have dishes packed away from 3 yrs. ago! I'd love to go through those boxes...wink! Hehe! Love the pretty napkins...they're so perfect with the place setting! And...the little bird napkin holders...charming, my friend!!!

Okay...onto the centerpiece...always one of my favorite subjects and you never disappoint!!! What a lovely centerpiece...love how you saved and used those pretty cobalt blue water bottles...and they're gorgeous with the beautiful fluffy white hydrangeas!!! Love the hobnail vases with the yellow daisies too...it's a winning combination that's for certain!!!

Absolutely stunning table...what time do we eat? Hehe!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Joyce said...

Clever and creative to use those pretty colbolt blue water bottles. I look forward to reading your blog each week. Thanks for sharing.
Joyce

"Blossom" said...

One word: "Stunning".

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Your tablescape is fabulous as always. I love the colors. I had to laugh at your comment about not knowing which box the cup & saucers were packed away in. I have that same problem. I store dishes all over my house & some are still in boxes. I can never find what I need when I need it. Someday maybe I'll organize everything & have a specific place for my dishes. Yeah, right! Thanks for sharing your tablescape. I enjoyed it alot.

xinex said...

Lovely blue and white table. I like the pretty centerpiece and the plates are very nice. My tablescape today is also blue and white....Christine

Natalie Meester said...

wonderful table! I like how you recycled those blue bottles! Funny thing that we have to buy something, just to empty it, just to put it in a tablesetting....we think a like!

Fabulous job!

ellen b said...

I've always loved this color combination. The centerpiece is really wonderful and sets the table off so nicely! Happy TT to you...

Maryrose said...

Hi Alisa,
Blue and white have to be one of my all time favorites and I love what you have done with yours. What a beautiful table and those fluffy hydrandeas top the perfection. Thanks for playing.
~Maryrose

Chandy said...

Alisa, what a gorgeous table! Love the colors you chose and your dishes are so pretty!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I had to laugh Alisa, when you said you knew you had the dishes you just didn't know WHERE you kept the dishes! I love that. It is frustrating because you know someday you will find them...but until then your table is lovely and the color combo is just striking!
Have a blessed day!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love! I have never seen those blue bottles before. I will be checking to see if our store has them. Thanks for such a beautiful table! Nancy from OHIO

Melissa Miller said...

I love it Alisa!

How very creative to use the pretty blue water bottles.
I can't believe how gorgeous they turned out as the centerpiece. I'm off to Harris Teeter....:)
The napkins are beautiful and what a deal.

Have a wonderful week.
~Melissa :)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Alisa...I love your tablescape! Blue, white and yellow are one of my favorite combinations. You find the best deals...what a steal on those napkins...they are beautiful! I love your sweet birdie napkin rings! I would have so bought those, too! Who can resist anything with a birdie..not me! So you think the Target birds are almost ready to go on vaca again? LOL I think they may just have to do that before the summer is out. :-) I am soooo looking for that brand of water next time I'm in Publix...the bottles are darling. I once saved blue bottles from a coffee drink many years ago...saved about 9 of them before they stopped making it. I think I like yours better with the cool writing on them! :-) Susan

Peacock Blue said...

Your centerpiece of flowers is beautiful!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Beautiful...I love the blue water vases! and those bird napkin rings.

Mary said...

Oh, those blue water bottles are such a gorgeous color! They really make your table sing. Such a pretty combination of colors, and such a classic, too. And oh, how I love your little hobnail vase -- I collect milk glass, and love all the little vases... and the bigger pieces, too. :)

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Just lovely Alisa.. The dishes are beautiful and your stemwear perfect. Very calming effect to your tablescape. My maiden name was Lucas!! We're dining in "All White" this week, stop over and visit, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Kammy said...

Hi Alisa !
I am still loving your flatware too ! I have the lighter color version but, would give my eye teeth for the darker set like yours....
Your tablesettings are always so fresh , love them !
Those little blue vases are so cute - I have never seen anything like them !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Brenda Pruitt said...

Layering placemats! Now I've learned another trick from you talented ladies here. I love your elegant table settings. And those blue bottles with the hydrangeas, the perfect touch.
Brenda

Dana and Daisy said...

very pretty, the "vases" are the perfect touch

Scribbler said...

What a nice fresh twist on yellow, blue and white! Very pretty.

Scribbler

The Bloom Girls said...

Love the blue and yellow! It was my mothers favorite! It is so happy looking! Have a great weekend!

Blessings! Karyn

Tracy said...

I'm so happy I found your website. I love it! This tablescape is so beautiful!!!

A Hint of Home said...

Very stunning. I love the blue and white combo. Your centerpiece is so cute with the Target birdies.

Patty said...

This is such a great table! I love all the little white birds and the white vases are so pretty. What a great deal on the hydrangeas. The yellow daisies are such a great pop of color. I love those ivory plates!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Blue and yellow is always a classic -- your table looks so pretty!

Katy said...

Absolutely gorgeous tablescape! So refined and everything is delightfully placed! Great dishes! Love the hydrangea centerpieces, they're gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! ~Katy

Kathleen Ellis said...

Alisa, this is lovely...so fresh and summery! those hydrangeas are gorgeous!
;-D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin