WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

Monday Moments

Mondays have become crazy days for me lately! It just seems that the first day of the work week is just packed with "To Do's". Every now and then I have to remind myself to just slow down and breathe. It's nice when something unexpected happens like these lovely ORANGE Roses I found at the market for $4.00. ORANGE is one of my favorite colors. I am using it in my sunroom with soft green and yellow - a very citrus inspired room. I am using it in my family room with turquoise - inspired by my BFF, Bella~Mella.
Many studies have been done on the power of color. A study from the University of Georgia found an astounding 94% of people who viewed ORANGE felt happier in seconds! Warm colors like orange, yellow, mango, peach and coral convey friendliness and warmth, making everyone who sees them happier. Research has proven that the brain's "happiness centers" are actually activated by exposure to warm, bright colors.
So, if you need a moment of happiness in your Manic Monday, try a liberal dose of ORANGE.
Hope your day is filled with happiness and sunshine! Until I see you again,
Happy Decorating!
~Alisa

6 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

The orange roses are beautiful! What a wonderful start for the new week,....inexpensive, yet cheerful, pretty flowers! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

Love Orange! Hope we get a peek at your sunroom. Have a great week! Nancy from OHIO

Designs on 47th Street said...

Interesting about orance and being happy so quickly. That does not surprise me though.

I have always and forever loved red. Now with our new house, I am turning to red/orange. I do have a lot of orange and am loving it.

Great post.

Lisa said...

Your roses are lovely! I have some apricot ones blooming in my front yard that I am so enjoying this year. You have inspired me to plant a deeper orange colored rose bush! What a beautiful bouquet that would make!

"Blossom" said...

Beautiful; and just a couple of roses can have an impact on a person or room. Lovely.

Chandy said...

I agree with those colors being inducers of happiness! I love yellow the best during Spring and Summer times.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin