WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

A Valentine's Day Success!

Hey, thanks for stopping by today! I thought I would share some of my pictures from our Valentine's Dinner for Eight. We had a wonderful time with wonderful food and wonderful friends. On the menu? For starters Delta Shrimp Cocktail and Bacon Swiss Stuffed Mushrooms then we moved to Strawberry Romain Salad with sugared Pecans and Cranberries. Our main course was Lemon-Thyme crusted Prime Rib roast with creamy horseradish sauces, rice, green bean casserole, greens, and a pineapple cheese casserole followed by "made from scratch" Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese icing and decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownie bites with Raspberry Sauce garnished with fresh raspberries and mint. It was all delicious! I didn't get pictures of the food. We got so caught up in the fellowship that I forgot to grab my camera. But take my word for it, it was worth all the work! Our color scheme was Red, White and Black with touches of Gold.

I used heart-shaped Sugar Cookies with the first initial of each of my guests as placeholders.

Ron and Mary - Our Minister of Music and dear, dear friends.

James and Carolyn - new friends who just started attending our church. Precious, caring people who we are looking forward to getting to know better and better through the years to come.

Eddie and Mary - another new family to our church. Genuine, sweet people that you just feel good being around. Man can this guy sing!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Now I am prepared to turn my attentions to SPRING! I've already got a few daffodils blooming in my yard! My hubby and I are working on a special "Junk to Gems" piece I hope to share it with you this coming week. Tomorrow I plan to post pics of our Master Bedroom re-do on Met Monday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch! Be sure to check it all out right here at Carolina Panache! Until then,
Happy Decorating!
~Alisa






10 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The menu sounds just soooo delicious, and what a wonderful evening to be able to spend it with dear friends. Great post. Hugs, Marty

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Alisa...

What a beautiful Valentines Day table and your meal sounded scrumptious!!! It was nice seeing photos of your friends...looks like you had a delightful evening!

Warmest wishes...
Chari

Terri Steffes said...

The menu was remarkable! I do think, though, that the hidden menu was fellowship with friends that I bet was served with lots of spice! The table was gorgeous!

Tardevil said...

Your menu sounds awesome! Love the tulips and angels on your table - gorgeous!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Hi Alisa!
It looks like you all had a very special Valentine dinner...your description of the menu leaves me thinking...when can I come for dinner?!!!
Have a fabulous week!
;-D

Melanie said...

Aaaawwww...I missed it!
Gorgeous table, Alisa.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Kim said...

Hello,
I came upon your blog from visiting Kristen's Creations. I am interested in Tablescape Thursdays. Are you the mastermind behind this?? It sounds like fun, but I don't know how to get involved. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Kim

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

It looks like you had a wonderful evening! Your table was beautiful, your menu sounded yummy, and your guests looked like they were having a grand time!

Melissa Miller said...

~Gorgeous party!

I know your guests enjoyed this special day. ;)

Paginia said...

Nice blogg post

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin