WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

Master the Master Suite

Well hello! Mild, sunny weather has hit my part of NC and so I've played hooky from blogging and have enjoyed the lovely spring-like weather for the last few days. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 73 degrees and I can't wait! My tulips, daffodils and hyacinth are about 2-3 inches tall, no blooms yet, and shooting straight up! Another two to three weeks and we will have color! Just in time for March! I may just have to start my spring cleaning early this year! I've already caught spring fever! Several weeks ago I took a poll and ask my readers what room or rooms they wanted to add "panache" too in 2009. The majority wanted help with the Master Bedroom. A lot of times we forget about this room or leave it to last when in actuality it should be one of our top priorities. Your Master Bedroom should be a haven, a place of beauty and rest, a welcoming retreat at the end of a long, tiring day. This week I am going to feature bedrooms and finish off by showing you the recent "Re-Mix" of my own Master Bedroom and Bath. Some of you may have already seen "snapshots" if you visited my site "Colors of Christmas" during the holidays. Well, after taking down the holiday finery, I added a few extra touches and I will be sharing those later this week. For now, let's look at a few sample rooms. In this modern and contemporary bedroom, a muted color scheme of soft green, gray and white are accentuated with pops of black. The black and white photography adds just the right wall decor and the multiples of three are repeated in the mirrors hanging over the head of the bed.

I wanted to show you this photo. This is a plain and boring bedroom. Not too much to get excited about, huh? But when you look closely you can imagine what just a few well placed touches could do to liven up the space and make it truly welcoming and special.

Here's the same room! What a transformation. The walls have been painted a soft green, the white tab-top semi-sheer panels have been replaced with custom blinds crafted in a matching shade of soft green. The dated bed has been replaced with a romantic scalloped bed in daring black with gold accents adding just the right dose of drama. The black needlepoint pillows add a slight Tuscan feel and plays up the colors and style of the area rug. The rest of the bedding ensemble is understated by luxurious. Well chosen and placed accessories add life to the room and encourage the eye to freely roam this restful retreat.


This contemporary room gives a nod to elegance and grace. The soft pallet of cream, blue, sage says "come and rest for awhile". I love the trio of modern art over the headboard - such a great contrast to the classical lines of the two ottomans at the foot of the bed.

In this suite, a rich and vibrant oasis awaits those seeking a warm and inviting retreat. The "spice" tones of paprika, ground mustard and nutmeg create a comfortable and cozy space that warms the weary at the end of the day.
No matter your style or favorite color, challenge yourself to create a Master Bedroom that is uniquely yours. Fill it with things that matter to you, remind you of people you love, places you've been or dream of visiting.
Tomorrow I will share some tips for "10 Must Haves" in every Master Bedroom and post more pictures of real-life "Do-able Decor", Until then
Happy Decorating!
~Alisa













6 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

This article comes at the heel of a master bedroom decorating frenzy I have been going through. I hope to learn more so I can continue to make our bedroom the haven I wish for!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Alisa,

I received the HI catalog today and I am so excited! Thank you so much for taking the time to mail it again. I hope it wasn't to much trouble.

I sent you an e-mail today as well. I hope it went through to you. I'll try forwarding it to the other e-mail address that you have listed.

Take Care.~Warmly, Melissa

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

We will be redoing our master bedroom as soon as our kitchen is completed. The bedroom has low slanted ceilings and I would love your opinion on what you would do with the wall/ceiling dilema. I have photos I can send you, if you want to take a look.

~CC Catherine said...

Hey there, I've been missin you NC friend! =) Great thoughts on the master bedroom and ways we can transform our Master rooms... ~CC Catherine ;)

Melanie said...

I could use some help in mastering the "master suite" and I think the first thing is to clear the closet of clutter!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Great ideas... I have been thinking my master bedroom needs a little refreshing!

Have a great day!

Susan

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin