Oops! I'm a day late on my Tip 5 post! Sorry :-(
This tips is worth the wait however! If you can only spend money on one thing to add panache to your space, this is where I recommend you invest. WINDOWS!
Day 5 - Tip 5:
Kim Myles of the popular HGTV show, Myles of Style is quoted as saying:
"Window are like your room's eyes. They look fine natural, but a bit of mascara always makes them pop."
I love that analogy. I totally agree with Kim. From personal experience I've seen what a simple change out of window treatments can do for the entire room. The fabric and pattern you use can set the tone for your space and determine the rooms style. Because we use windows as focal points, it's a great move to embellish them in a manner that will add a wow factor to the room. Bold color, graphic patterns, fabrics with a sheen can create that "umphf" we all long for.
1. If your windows are small, extend your curtain rods as far past the sides of your window as possible.
2. Hang your panels to the side of the window.
3. Leave all but the edges of window exposed, thus creating a look of a larger window.
4. If your room has low ceilings, hang your curtain rods as high as possible.
5. This will give your room a grand appearance.
6. Layering your windows with a variety of textures adds warmth and depth. Bamboo shades behind Damask or Toile panels is a classic look that can be applied to formal rooms or casual rooms.
7. Window treatments DO NOT have to cost a lot of money. Search closeouts at stores like Marshalls, HomeGoods, Ross, and TJMaxx. Target also has a great selection of panels, sheers and shades. Shop their clearance shelves. If you find something you like but there isn't enough panels to treat your windows, ask the Customer Service desk to call another store near by. Most of the time they will have what you need and will hold it for you until you can pick it up.
Later today I will post Tip 6 to get us back on track. Until then.