WELCOME to CAROLINA PANACHE! I believe our homes should be a haven, a place of beauty and peace that reflect who we are and what's important to us. I'm on a journey to add personality and panache to every corner of my house. For me, good design evolves, grows and changes with the needs of one's lifestyle. I want my home to be creative, to be stylish, to be entertaining, to be real. I hope you will join me on my journey. It's always more fun to travel together.
This blog is all about bringing style and elegance to the home. The art of dressing your home goes beyond hanging a few items on the wall and arranging furniture. Much like a fabulous set of earrings or a new stylish handbag may take your little black dress from fine to fabulous, home accesories and key furnishings can take your rooms from ho-hum to singing the Halleluiah Chorus! Join with me as we discover new ways to add panache to every room of the house.

CHRISTmas Countdown!

Today marks the 46th day until CHRISTmas!
So my holiday countdown is officially on!
I am spending the day packing away the pumpkins and harvest decor and making room for CHRISTmas cheer! I usually start my holiday decorating with the mantel in our family room. Last year I bought these two large metal ANGELS and displayed them on either side. The walls in my family room are a soft mossy green. I used a palette of gold, green, white and brown. It was so fresh and different from my usual red and green. I plan to use the same colors this year but want to change up the look a bit. I found this picture at bhg.com. I love the stars that are hung from clear fishing line to dangle above the mantel. The clear glass vessels make pretty showcases for bright red cranberries and white candles. I'm on the lookout for some stars like these. Anyone have an idea of where I might find them?
Here's another look that I am considering - much more formal but I already have several mercury glass CHRISTmas trees that I could display among a lush evergreen garland. I love the floral swag and red ribbon that are off to one side of the gold mirror. It would be easy to pull this look together with items I already have on hand.

Another project that is in the works is a tablescape that my friend Ann and I are doing for a ladies CHRISTmas Tea. Each year CALVARY Church in Charlotte hosts this wonderful event. We have the honor of designing a table this year. Ann moved to this area from NJ's coast and I moved here from FL's Gulf Coast. So without any reservation, we agreed that our tablescape would be a coastal theme. In the past I've seen all white coastal themed tables and aqua and white. I found this photo online and just fell in love with the coral colors and texture of this table. I don't know if we will recreate this look or go with cooler blues but the Tea is on December 5th so visit on the 7th and I will have pictures posted.

If all goes as planned I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year. My brothers from WV and OH are planning to visit and with Mom and Dad here now, it will be a wonderful reunion of family. This will be the first Thanksgiving I've hosted at my house in many years. While we lived in Florida, we would go to my sister-in-law's in Seminole or we would travel back north to visit with family. Since we won't be together at CHRISTmas, I've decided to have my holiday decor in place so we can have our family tree lighting ceremony after Thanksgiving dinner.
I just love the holidays - faith, family and friends! I hope you will visit often over the next 46 days as I share our family's Colors of CHRISTmas!
Until I see you again,
Live Life Beautifully!
~Alisa






13 comments:

Denise said...

I will certainly be checking in with you often to see how you decorate :) Can I ask when do you actually start decorating your mantel? I told my hubby I might start and put a tree up in the game room this week and he looked at me like I was crazy! I am itching to put the pumpkins away and bring out the CHRIST mas stuff ;-)
Have a lovely Monday
Hugs Denise

Sue said...

Alisa, I bought my stars at Pier 1. I need more, so I hope the stores will have them again this year. I'm going to spray mine silver because they're going in another room this year. Hope you find them!
:-) Sue

"Blossom" said...

Alisa, I got my silver stars at the end of the season last year at Macy's. Look there if not I will go on line or look at Macys for you and see if I can find them for you; just let me know. I have mine hung similar to your photo.
thanks,
anita

Tardevil said...

Aren't the stars like the Moravian Stars they sell at Old Salem in Winston-Salem just glittered up in silver?

The Stylish House said...

Alicia,
Your festive blog background is the perfect look to kick off the start of the CHRISTmas season! Your home is lovely as always, and those pretty angels are perfect on your mantle. How nice you will be hosting Thanksgiving for your loved ones. Thank you for opening your home and sharing your many creative ideas.
Cathy

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Alisa,
the pics are gorgeous and just so inspirational! I do love those silver stars too! Cindy

Nancy said...

Love all the pics! I am starting to think about decorating inside very soon. I may start in my family room too. Love the Ho Ho Ho on your blog! Nancy from OHIO

Natasha in Oz said...

I am so glad I found your blog-these pictures are inspirational and beautiful.
Thanks for sharing you amazing ideas.
Best wishes,Natasha.

Tammy518 said...

Alyssa, I love the inspiration pics you posted. I sent you an email, but I'm not sure you got it. Do you have any info on the shell and coral plates? I'm crazy about them.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Alisa...

My friend, it's been such a long time since we've visited...how are you doing? It sounds like you are keeping very busy as usual!

Ohhh my, can you believe that we only have 46 days until Christmas? I'm already running so far behind...eeeks! I thoroughly enjoyed your Christmas mantle decor ideas...fabulous!!! I just love your mantle from last year...love the beautiful white, gold and browns! These colors really are soooo beautiful with those gorgeous green walls! I love the angels too!

I really like the mantle decor in the third photo...would love to do something like this at my place! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and talents with us!

Wishing you and your friend the very best in presenting your tablescape for the ladies CHRISTmas tea! I just know that whatever you decide...it'll be fabulous! Can't wait to see some photos of it...don't forget to take pics, my friend! Hehe!

Come by for a visit when you have a chance...I have been working on a faux fireplace project...would love your input!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Unknown said...

What beautiful ideas. I love them all, I too want to start decorating for CHRISTmas early. Can't wait to see what you've done.
Michelle

網頁設計 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

Research Paper said...

Keep on blogging.. Nice pics..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin